Premier Cable Manufacturer in China
What is the most direct cause of cable failure?
1. External force damage. Nowadays, there are quite a lot of reasons that mechanical failures cause cable failures. Irregular cable laying and installation and direct-buried cables for civil construction can easily damage the threads in operation. If the damage is not severe, it will take several months. It will only take a few years for the damaged part to be completely broken down to form a fault. If the damage is severe, a short-circuit fault may occur, which directly affects the electricity user's safety production.
2. The insulation is damp. This situation also often occurs, usually at the cable joints in direct burial or piping. For example, if the cable joints are not qualified and the joints are made in a humid environment, the joints will enter water or be mixed with water vapor, which will cause problems after a long time. The formation of water branches under the electric field's action will gradually damage the insulation of the cable and cause failure.
3. Chemical corrosion. Directly buried cables in areas with acid and alkali effects will often cause the cable armor, lead skin, or outer sheath to be corrupted. The protective layer suffers from chemical corrosion and electrolytic corrosion for a long time, resulting in the protective layer's failure and reduced insulation, resulting in the cable malfunction.
4. Long-term overload operation. Due to the current thermal effect, the load current will inevitably cause the foreign body to heat when the load current passes through the cable. At the same time, the skin effect of the charge, the eddy current loss of the armor, and the insulation loss will also generate additional heat, which will increase the temperature of the cable and cause long-term overload operation. The high temperature will accelerate the aging of the insulation and even breakdown down the insulation. Especially in the scorching summer, the cable's heating often leads to the first breakdown of the inadequate insulation of the line, so there are incredibly many faults in the summer.
5. The cable connector is faulty. Cable joints are the weakest link in the cable line, and joint cable failures caused by direct faults (poor construction) by personnel often occur. In the process of making cable joints, if the joints are not tightly crimped, insufficient heating, etc., the insulation of the cable head will be reduced, and failures will occur.
6. Environment and temperature. The external environment and heat source of the cable will also cause the line's temperature to rise, insulation breakdown, and even explosion and fire.
7. The normal aging of the cable itself and other reasons such as natural disasters.