What are the advantages of aluminum alloy cables over ordinary cables?
1. Conductivity: the conductivity of aluminum alloy is 61 of the most commonly used reference material copper IACS.
5%, carrying capacity is 79%of copper, better than pure aluminum standard.
2. Creep resistance: the alloy material and annealing process of aluminum alloy conductor reduce the 'creep 'tendency of the conductor under heat and pressure. Compared with pure aluminum, the creep resistance is improved by 300℃, avoiding relaxation problems caused by cold flow or creep.
3. Tensile strength and elongation: compared with pure aluminum conductors, aluminum alloy conductors greatly improve their tensile strength due to the addition of special components and the adoption of special processing techniques, and the elongation is increased to 30%, which is safer and more reliable to use.
4. Coefficient of thermal expansion: the coefficient of thermal expansion is used to calculate the size change of the material when the temperature changes.
The thermal expansion coefficient of aluminum alloy is equivalent to that of copper. For many years, Aluminum connectors have been reliably used for copper and aluminum conductors, and most of the electrical connectors used today are made of aluminum, which is especially suitable for aluminum alloy.
Therefore, the expansion and contraction of aluminum alloy conductors and connectors are completely consistent.
5. Strong self-weight and bearing capacity. Aluminum alloy improves the tensile strength of pure aluminum. Aluminum alloy cable can support 4000 of dead weight while copper cable can only support 2750. This advantage lies in long-span buildings (Such as sports venues)It is particularly prominent when wiring.
6. Anti-corrosion performance the inherent anti-corrosion performance edge of aluminum forms a thin and firm oxide layer when the aluminum surface is in contact with air, which is especially resistant to various forms of corrosion.
The addition of rare earth elements in the alloy can further improve the corrosion resistance of aluminum alloy, especially electrochemical corrosion.
Aluminum can withstand harsh environments, making it widely used as a conductor for cables in trays, as well as many industrial components and containers.
The generation of corrosion is usually related to the connection of different metals in humid environment. Corresponding protective measures can be used to prevent the occurrence of corrosion, such as lubricating oil, antioxidant and protective coating.
Alkaline soil and some types of acidic soil environment have great corrosion to aluminum, so aluminum conductors directly buried should use insulation layer or molded sheath to prevent corrosion.
In sulfur-containing environments, such as railway tunnels and other similar places, aluminum alloy has much better corrosion resistance than copper.
7. Flexible aluminum alloy has good bending performance. Its unique alloy formula and processing technology greatly improve flexibility.
The flexibility of aluminum alloy is higher than that of copper, and the rebound is 40% lower than that of copper.
Generally, the bending radius of copper cable is 10 ~ 20 times the outer diameter, and the aluminum alloy cable bending radius is only 7 times the outer diameter, it is easier to make terminal connection.
8, armored characteristics, domestic commonly used armored cable, mostly use steel tape armored, low security level, in the external destructive force, its poor resistance, easy to lead to breakdown, and heavy weight, the installation cost is quite high, coupled with poor corrosion resistance and short service life.
However, the metal chain armored cable we developed according to the American standard adopts aluminum alloy belt chain armored, and the chain structure between layers ensures that the cable can withstand strong destructive power from the outside world, even if the cable suffers from great pressure and impact force, the cable is not easy to breakdown, thus improving the safety performance.
At the same time, the armored structure isolates the cable from the outside world. Even in case of fire, the armored layer improves the flame retardant and fire resistance level of the cable and reduces the risk factor of fire.
Compared with steel tape armor, aluminum alloy tape armored structure is light in weight, convenient to lay, free of Bridge installation, and can reduce 20% ~ 40% installation cost.
According to the different places of use, different outer sheath layers can be selected to make armored cables more widely used.
9. Compaction characteristics, considering the volume conductivity alone, aluminum alloy is not as good as copper, but the conductor we developed has not only made improvements in material properties, but also made great breakthroughs in technology, we adopt ultra-conventional compaction technology to make the compaction coefficient reach 0.
93, and the compression coefficient of special-shaped lines can reach 0. 95, which is the first in China.
Through the tightening of the maximum limit, the shortage of aluminum alloy in volume conductivity can be made up, so that the stranded conductor wire core is like a solid conductor, which obviously reduces the outer diameter of the wire core and improves the conductivity, in the same carrying capacity situation under conductor outer diameter only than copper big 10%.