The premier cable supplier in South China
The difference between copper core cable and aluminum core cable
Copper core cables and aluminum core cables are widely used and each has its own advantages. In order to help everyone choose cables better, Guangdong Cable analyzed and summarized the differences:
1. Low resistivity: the resistivity of aluminum core cables is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper core cables.
2. Good ductility: the ductility of copper alloy is 20-40%, the ductility of electrical copper is more than 30%, while the ductility of aluminum alloy is only 18%.
3. High strength: the allowable stress at room temperature, copper is 7~28% higher than aluminum respectively. Especially the stress at high temperature, the difference between the two is even greater.
4. High toughness: aluminum is easy to break after repeated bending, while copper is not easy. In terms of elasticity index, copper is also about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum.
5. Good stability and corrosion resistance: The copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while the aluminum core is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
6. Large current carrying capacity: due to low resistivity, copper core cables with the same cross-section are about 30% higher than the allowable current carrying capacity of aluminum core cables.
7. Low voltage loss: Due to the low resistivity of the copper core cable, the voltage drop of the copper core cable is small when the same current flows in the same section. The same transmission distance can ensure higher voltage quality; under the condition of allowable voltage drop, the copper core cable can reach a longer distance for power transmission, that is, the power supply coverage area is large, which is beneficial to network planning and reduces the number of power supply points. .
8. Low heating temperature: Under the same current, the copper core cable with the same cross-section has much smaller heat than the aluminum core cable, which makes the operation safer.
9. Low energy consumption: Due to the low electrical resistivity of copper, it is obvious that copper cables have low power loss compared to aluminum cables. This is conducive to improving the utilization rate of power generation and protecting the environment.
10. Convenient construction: The copper core is flexible and the allowable bend radius is small, so it is convenient to bend and easy to pass through; the copper core is resistant to fatigue and repeated bending is not easy to break, so the connection is convenient; the copper core has high mechanical strength and can withstand more The large mechanical pulling force brings great convenience to the construction and laying, and also creates for the mechanized construction.
In general, copper core cables have the advantages of low resistivity, good ductility, high strength, high flexibility, good stability, and large current carrying capacity. They have outstanding advantages in cable power supply, especially in the field of underground cable power supply. . However, aluminum core cables are cheaper than copper core cables, light in weight, and convenient for transportation. Therefore, they are the necessary material for high-voltage, large-section, and large-span overhead power transmission. Therefore, Guangdong Cable recommends that you choose suitable products according to the application and combining the characteristics of different materials.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us. Over 50 years of experience in design and manufacturer of wire and cable, Guangdong dong cable factory provide various types of products at preferential prices！
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.