Requirements for outdoor use of charging pile cables
The charging pile cable can be used indoors or outdoors. When used outdoors, the charging pile cable should meet the erosion of high cold, sunlight, rain, and automobile oil substances, which requires the line to have anti-ultraviolet, ozone, high and low-temperature resistance suitable for the occasion―unique properties such as chemical attack. The conductor under the same cross-section is the same, and the conductor made of multiple monofilaments is more flexible than a single conductor.
During use, the charging pile cable will be frequently stretched and bent, or crushed by electric vehicles and other external mechanical damage. This also requires the charging pile cable to meet special mechanical performance requirements such as bending, bending, and the car rolling tests. Wait. In the severe winter in the north, the cable jacket material is more challenging.
The main reasons for cable aging are as follows:
1. Long-term overload operation. Overload operation, due to the thermal effect of the current, the conductor heating will inevitably be caused when the load current passes through the cable. Simultaneously, the charge's skin effect, the recent eddy loss of the steel armor, and the insulation loss will also generate additional heat, which will increase the cable's temperature.
2. Environment and temperature. The cable's external environment and the heat source can also cause the cord to overheat, insulation breakdown, and even explosion and fire.
3. External force damage. In recent years, a considerable number of cable failures are caused by mechanical damage.
4. The insulation is damp. Generally occurs at the cable joints in direct burial or piping. Over time, water branches are formed under the electric field's action, which gradually damages the cable's insulation strength and causes failure.
5. The cable connector is faulty. The cable joint is the weakest link in the cable line, and the joint cable failures caused by the personnel's direct fault (poor construction) often occur.
6. Chemical corrosion. The cable is directly buried in the area with acid and alkali, which will often cause the cable armor, lead skin, or outer sheath to be corroded. The protective layer suffers from chemical corrosion or electrolytic corrosion for a long time, failing the protective layer and reducing insulation. The cable is faulty.
Will aging wires increase power consumption?
The aging of the wire will increase the power consumption. After the wire's aging, if the outer insulation sheath is damaged, it will increase the wire consumption, increase power consumption, and cause a circuit fire. Need to be replaced in time. The aging of the wire will be accelerated under constant high temperatures. When the weather is too high, it will ignite the outer insulation and cause a fire in real life.